Senior Advisor Community Readiness and Recovery at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Join us in this newly created permanent opportunity within New Zealand's most trusted public sector organisation. You will be a trusted partner to align Fire and Emergency brigades with the communities we support, bringing your coaching and mentoring experience to build a high performing team.
About Fire and Emergency
For more than 150 years fire service organisations have been at the heart of New Zealand communities. Our vision is to build stronger communities and protect what matters most to the people within them. We are building a modern emergency management organisation with structure, resources and skills to protect life, property and New Zealand's unique environment.
About the role
The Senior Advisor Community Readiness and Recovery position is a newly created role that is pivotal to connecting Fire and Emergency to the communities we support in a pro-active manner through the development and management of key community relationships.
The Senior Advisor Community Readiness and Recovery role is focused on supporting the delivery of our readiness and recovery functions through establishing and maintaining key networks within the community, as well as supporting our brigades and wider business deliver readiness and recovery programmes in a more targeted and effective manner.
Additionally, this role is critical to the growth of the Advisor Community Readiness and Recovery positions as there will be a significant focus on mentoring this group to build their skillset and strengthen their capability.
Key accountabilities will include the following:
- Fostering a high performing team culture
- Mentoring and developing the Advisor Community Readiness and Recovery incumbents
- Developing and leading the capability within the readiness and recovery facets in the regions
- Proactively building relationships with key community stakeholders, iwi and tāngata whenua
- Acting as a conduit between the brigades to the key community stakeholders
- Understanding the needs of the community by identifying, assessing, and monitoring their risks, then develop readiness capability to mitigate these risks
- Supporting the Community Risk Manager with the development and implementation of recovery initiatives
- Undertaking the delivery of readiness and recovery initiatives in line with programmes of work
- Improving recovery and readiness capability within the brigades and the Group Managers to support the overall delivery of their strategy
- Utilising and analysing data to make evidence-based and informed delivery decisions
- Supporting the development and delivery of media and promotional campaigns
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience working collaboratively with partners and key stakeholders to deliver shared outcomes.
You will have experience in coaching and mentoring others at either a formal or informal capacity, whereby you have led and educated peers or colleagues to share your knowledge and build a shared level of knowledge and skills.
As this is a permanent role it attracts the following benefits:
- 6% matched kiwisaver
- Life insurance including income protection
- A comprehensive wellness policy
If this is of interest to you please download a copy of the position descrption and make application below.
Applications close on Tuesday, 30 November 2021.
You will receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted.
Any further enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.