Te Hiku Region Trainer x 4 at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed term or secondment opportunity for 12 months
- Based at Mt Wellington Training Centre
- Great employee benefits
We have Trainer vacancies available in the Te Hiku training team either on a 12-month secondment or 12-month fixed term, shorter terms may be negotiable.
Ko wai mātou? - Who are we:
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is a Crown Entity established on 1 July 2017 under the Fire and Emergency New Zealand Act 2017. The role of our new organisation is to reduce unwanted fires, respond to structural and vegetation fires and other emergencies including motor vehicle crashes, medical emergencies, hazardous substance related incidents, natural disasters and support increased community resilience.
Our vision is to build stronger communities and protect what matters most to the people within them. We are proud to be recognised as New Zealand's most trusted public sector agency. Our values reflect what our people believe is core to who we are and the organisation we aspire to be:
We Do the Right Thing – Kia Tika
We Serve and Support – Manaakitanga
We Are Better Together – Whanaungatanga
We Strive to Improve – Auahatanga
Mō tēnei tūranga - About the role:
The roles are all urban specialised roles based at Mt Wellington Training Centre.
If you are keen to pass on your current operational knowledge and experience and have a passion for good learning with both Volunteer and Career staff, Training welcomes your application.
The Trainer role requires not only comprehensive knowledge of volunteer and career operations, but also very good understanding of how people learn. You will be part of a training team that demonstrates best training, operational practice and values Fire and Emergency volunteers and the work they do in their communities.
This position reports to the Region Training Coordinator as part of a region based, but nationally reporting, training team. You will provide training support for, Chief Fire Officers; Controllers, Station Training Co-ordinators; and work closely alongside Volunteer Support Officers and District Management Teams. You will also be expected to be involved in training delivery nationally at Woolston, NTC Rotorua, other training centres and on Station as required.
As a region trainer you will have a direct and almost immediate impact on the effectiveness of the organisation and its ability in leading integrated emergency services across New Zealand. To achieve this, you will be:
- Operationally competent and current with a Fire Emergency NZ background.
- Very skilled establishing effective working relationships with District Management Teams, Chief Fire Officers, Controllers and Station Training Coordinators.
- Experienced within the volunteer and career sectors.
- Able to deliver both high quality structured training and work effectively alongside trainees.
- Sound planning, time management and communications skills.
- Excellent in relationship building skills, the ability to influence and assist learners.
- You will be expected to take a flexible approach to working hours to best meet volunteer training needs, as these roles require weekend and evening work.
- It would be desirable if you are a current Fire & Emergency New Zealand Certified trainer, with a training scope.
This is a valuable opportunity to contribute your operational experience in a training role, or alternatively if you are looking to develop your training skills and experience to round out your Fire Emergency New Zealand career we welcome your application.
Ko te tono mai - How to apply:
If this sounds like you apply now. To download a copy of our position description please visit our vacancy page on our website www.fireandemergency.nz. For specific questions about this role please contact Ian Wakeley on 027 431 9700 or NHQJobs@fireandemergency.nz
Applications close Monday 12 December
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.