Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Nursing at Massey University, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
College of Health
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an innovative and engaged Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to the School of Nursing at Massey University, one of the most well-respected Schools of Nursing in Aotearoa New Zealand. This is a full-time position for an experienced Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in acute and long-term medical and surgical care available on the Wellington campus.
As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, you will provide outstanding leadership in medical and surgical practice and nursing professional education and research within in undergraduate and postgraduate nursing programmes. Supporting students to become clinically and culturally safe nurses, who care for patients and their whānau across time and services, is paramount. You will also have the opportunity to work with colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and to contribute your expertise in teaching and research that addresses inequity in healthcare and leads to improved patient health outcomes.
- Recent clinical and/or education experience in medical and surgical care nursing
- Experience in teaching, including the use of electronic and online technologies in blended teaching delivery
- Current Nursing Council of New Zealand registration as a Nurse
- Completed PhD is preferred, or hold PhD candidature or a completed Master's degree in nursing or an equivalent health-related field
- Ability to work as a culturally safe practitioner within a team
- Excellent communication, time management and relationship-building skills
- Experience in and with the Health and Social sector, Iwi and associated communities
What's on offer?
- This full-time position is based on the Wellington campus
- In addition to a base salary, Massey also offers up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme, five university holidays per year; free eye test and staff study for eligible employees discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities as well as a comprehensive professional development and training programme
To learn about the School of Nursing at Massey University, please visit:https://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/explore/departments/school-nursing/school-nursing_home.cfm
Enquiries of an academic nature should be addressed to: Professor Nicolette Sheridan, Head of School of Nursing - N.Sheridan@massey.ac.nz - +64 9 213-6346
Please do not email Professor Nicolette Sheridan your CV and cover letter. Applications need to be made online.
Closing date: 3 February 2023
For further information and to apply online visit: https://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.