Senior Policy Advisor - Customer System at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Help shape a new system-oriented policy team focused on cross-government initiatives and system-wide strategies.
- An innovative, inclusive and collaborative team culture.
- Competitive salary, 9% superannuation and other valuable benefits.
- Wellington based with flexible working arrangements.
We want all people in New Zealand to receive the support they need to avoid injury and manage their own wellbeing
We think the ability to make a real difference to the lives of all New Zealanders is a great reason to come to work each day! The Senior Policy Advisor role in the Customer System team provides you with an opportunity to deliver meaningful outcomes for the people we serve through the Strategy and Customer System team mahi, and you will be recognised and rewarded for your achievement.
You'll be recognised as a thought leader who excels in stakeholder management. Your role will include identifying key system policy issues that affect ACC and our customers; providing strategic advice to senior management and the ACC Board on the impact and response to these issues; and leading or supporting ACC's engagement cross-government programmes of work.
We're committed to Te Tiritio Waitangi by providing space formātauranga Māori-based approaches to develop tools,actions and knowledge that serve Māori and TangataTiriti (non-Māori).Our TeTiritio Waitangi direction is guided by the Whāia Te Tika - 'Pursue What is Right' - Māori Strategy. It illustrates our commitment to improve Māori access, experience and outcomes through our role in managing the ACC scheme.
Through our client-led focus to understand people's needs, we ensure our policies are fit-for-purpose and our services are effective - after all, they are needed by most people in New Zealand at some point in their life.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role will include the following:
- A strong health system background with experience in legislative and regulatory processes
- Superb relationship management and communication skills allowing you to present information in a meaningful way and influence stakeholders
- Experience with cross-government programmes of work
- Sound judgement with an analytical ability allowing you to assimilate complex information and provide advice accordingly
- Inclusive, safe and collaborative working style which creates space for diverse perspectives
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and understanding of its application to the role
If you can tick off a few of the list above we'd love to hear from you. For us, it's about how you go about your work - the relationships you build along the way and how you work with others for success.
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
For a detailed position description click here
Applications will close 5pm on Tuesday, 7 December 2021.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC career website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email Cath.email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.