Navigator (Backlog Team) at Health and Disability Commissioner, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers' rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights. We are currently looking for people to join our Backlog Reduction team on a fixed term (6 month) basis as Navigators. We are looking for people with a clinical background who are passionate about helping health and disability consumers resolve concerns about the care or services they have received.
We want people who have strong early resolution skills and are great communicators. The Navigators will be engaging directly with consumers and complainants to break down complex clinical information and explain things in a consumer centred manner. You'll be working alongside a small group of dedicated Assessors, looking at a wide range of complaints about all kinds of health and disability service issues.
This is a new and developing role at HDC, aimed at improving the consumer experience and adapting to consumer needs. A position description for this role is attached below.
At HDC, we are dedicated to establishing a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't perfectly align with every specification listed, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the perfect person for this or another role we have available.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū te haere | What you'll need to be successful
- Clinical knowledge and experience
- Analytical and enquiring mind with an ability to express complex ideas in a logical and easily understood way.
- Ability to review and summarise large amounts of information accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Sound understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector and consumer rights issues.
- Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement taking a restorative practice approach.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and the aims and aspirations of Māori.
- Understanding of the social, religious beliefs and values of different cultural and ethnic groups in New Zealand.
- This is a new position which will evolve over time, so other duties may be required
Download the Position Description here.
All applicants must visit the HDC website and complete an online HDC application form to be considered. The online application form can be found at: https://www.hdc.org.nz/job-vacancies
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that we will start the review and interview process as applications come through. The role will close when suitable candidate is found.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Health and Disability Commissioner|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.