Whatu Aho Pātahi Analyst - Māori at Education Review Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ko te tamaiti te pūtake o te kaupapa.
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e ngākau nui ana ki ā tātou tamariki, mokopuna e ako ana mā te reo Māori, mā ngā āhuatanga ako e whai hua ai ki te ao Māori. E rapu ana mātou i ētahi ringa raupā ka whai wāhi atu ki te arotake i ngā kōhanga reo, ngā whare kōhungahunga reo Māori, ngā kura Māori, me ngā wharekura hoki.
We are looking for an exemplary Māori education professional to join Te Pou Mataaho as the Whatu Aho Pātahi Analyst - Māori. Te Pou Mataaho is the research and evaluation group who deliver a programme of quality research, evaluations, inquiries and investigations into the provision of education in Māori immersion early learning services, kura, wharekura and English medium schools.
The Education Review Office - Te Tari Arotake Mātauranga (ERO) is the New Zealand government's external evaluation agency. We evaluate and report on the education and care of learners in wharekura,kura, kōhanga reo, puna reo,and early childhood services.
Te Tāhū Whare/The Evaluation and Review Māori Group is made up of three teams: Te Pou Mataaho - Evaluation and Research, Te Pou Tūārongo - Methodology and Te Uepū ā-Motu - Māori.
The purpose of Te Pou Mataaho group is to deliver a programme of quality evaluations, inquiries and investigations into the provision of education in Māori immersion early learning services, kura and wharekura. Our Group also leads and examines the quality of te reo Māori in English medium settings and other programmes intended to support Māori learners to achieve education success as Māori.
The Group also has responsibility for gathering intelligence to support, enhancements to the education system and national insights into Māori immersion education provision
Through this activity the Group strives for all New Zealanders, Māori, whānau, hapū and iwi to have confidence in Māori immersion early learning services, kura, wharekura and schools and are proud of the education system.
About the role
The Whatu Aho Pātahi - Analyst is accountable to the Whatu Ahorua, Manager Evaluation and Research-Māori for the provision of support for planning, research, analysis and other project work in the Education Review Office.
This is a key support role that requires you to bring a mix of qualitative and quantitative research skills where Kaupapa Māori research methods will be a strong advantage. You need to be good with evidence and insights, be confident in your ability and willing to build on your evaluative skill set.
We value curious and creative minds who have particular interest in education. You will engage with policy and work amongst the research community, be comfortable with data and provide evidence and analysis across ERO and the wider education system.
Skills and experience:
- ability to organise, analyse, report and present information in coherent manner
- knowledge of the education sector
- well-developed skills in written and oral communication
- understands the requirements of Academic Writing
- computer literacy, including an ability to use a range of relevant online data collection tools
- knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications for the work of ERO
- strong understanding of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga Māori
- ability to exercise sound judgement in a variety of circumstances
- ability to anticipate, identify, analyse and resolve problems in an innovative manner
- express data clearly and succinctly
- work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining quality
- Organise daily work in a timely and productive way
- identify, manage and report risks
- understanding of the New Zealand public sector/Government systems and process
- integrity and a well-developed appreciation of what counts as ethical conduct
- passionate about ensuring excellent education outcomes for Māori learners and their whanau
- works well independently and as part of a team to achieve great results for Māori learners and their whānau
- has a great sense of humour, and value the importance of work/life balance
- relevant tertiary qualification.
How to apply
ERO wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, please tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
We are only able to consider applications for this position from people who are already in New Zealand, and applicants must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident/citizen.
Visit our website to view the position statement, collective employment agreement and candidate application form https://ero.govt.nz/working-for-ero/jobs-at-ero/whatu-aho-patahi-analyst-maori-wellington-based-full-time-permanent.
Applications will not be accepted through this website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Education Review Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.