Assessors and Senior Assessor at Health and Disability Commissioner, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Join HDC's Assessment Team; we are looking for Assessors and Senior Assessors
• Be part of a skilled and passionate team
• Grow to your potential
• Further develop your already excellent writing and communication skills
• Auckland CBD (with flexi working options)
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC) is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers' rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
HDC is going through an exciting period of growth, this is an opportunity to join a skilled and passionate team that makes a real difference by helping to resolve complaints about consumer rights in the health and disability sector.
The core work of our Assessment Team is receiving and managing complaints through to resolution. You will analyse and present new complaints, draft letters, review responses and clinical information, and engage with consumers and providers. You will resolve complaints that are suitable for earlier resolution and refer others on for further investigation. Additionally, Senior Assessors will review and mentor their more junior colleagues, and assist with the direction of files.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū te haere | What you'll need to be successful:
• Excellent writing skills – including the ability to communicate with people from a wide cross-section of the community
• A calm and professional approach, with a kind, empathetic manner
• Resilience to difficult subject matter
• Proven ability to identify and solve problems
• Enthusiasm for, and a genuine interest in, the health and disability sector
• A relevant tertiary qualification, with law or health an advantage
• At least two years relevant work experience, preferably more, for the Assessor role.
• At least five years relevant work experience, preferably more, for the Senior Assessor role. Ideally you will also have experience of mentoring and reviewing the work of others.
All applicants must complete the online HDC application form to be considered. Applications can be submitted via HDC's website: https://www.hdc.org.nz/job-vacancies/
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close at 4.30pm, Friday 27 May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Health and Disability Commissioner|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.