Systems Engineer, Information and Research at Crown Law Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About Crown Law
Crown Law provides legal advice and representation services to the government in matters affecting the executive government. The services provided include matters covering judicial review of government actions, constitutional questions including Treaty of Waitangi issues, the enforcement of criminal law and the protection of revenue. Crown Law also administers the prosecution process in the criminal justice system, in particular, Crown prosecutions.
About the role
The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining network infrastructure and security standards, and providing level two and three support and resolution. Utilising technical expertise and knowledge the role actively contributes to the technical assurance of a managed, monitored and maintained environment including upgrades, back-ups and remedial activity. Ensures fit-for-purpose IT solutions by contributing to the planning process, contributing technical forums with vendors and reviewing performance and operational data. The Systems Engineer contributes to a highly effective, usable and accessible IT service that is understood and trusted by the business.
Key Working Relationships:
- Chief Information Officer
- Manager Technology Services
- Technical Delivery Lead
- IT Colleagues
- Vendor Partners
- Crown Law Colleagues
- Level two and three support and resolution as a technical escalation point
- Process improvement
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Follow change control processes for all implementations and changes to applications and systems
- Implement and maintain backups and security strategies
Skills and experience:
- Delivery of Level two and three support and technical capability in a Microsoft environment
- Implementation and maintenance of Microsoft on-premise and cloud suite including
- Exchange Online, Azure, Teams and other Office 365 applications
- Change control and testing
- Sound WAN and LAN networking and general IT infrastructure knowledge
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration with external vendors
How to apply
Please use the link below and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Geetanjali on 04 499 7848.
Please note due to current border restrictions we can only consider applications from candidates who are presently based in New Zealand.
Crown Law requires that all employees working in Crown Law offices have, and provide proof of, their My Vaccine Pass.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Crown Law Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.