Government Legal Network Summer Clerk Programme (Wellington) at Crown Law Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to have exposure to a dynamic range of cross government legal issues
- Welcoming and supportive environment
- Access to great mentors
He tūranga e wātea ana ki ngā tauira rōia kua puta ō rātou ihu i te whare wānanga. E kimihia ana he tauira e mōhio ana ki te ao Māori, e mārama ana ki Te Tiriti o Waitangi me ōna pānga ki ngā kaupapa o te rāngai tūmatanui. Mēnā ko koe tēnei, tēnā tukuna mai he tono.
The Government Legal Network (GLN) Summer Clerk Programme provides talented law students with an exceptional opportunity to see right into the workings of a government legal team. The Summer Clerks are placed in various government agencies which provide a welcoming, supportive environment in which they can grow their skills and make helpful connections.
The programme runs over a three-month period from the 13th of November 2023 to the 9th of February 2024.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- an understanding of and participation in te ao Māori
- an understanding and interest in Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- a diverse perspective
- positive contributions to the wellness of your community in Aotearoa
- a keen interest in public service.
We offer the successful candidate:
- exposure to a broad range of areas of law
- on the job experience in a dynamic range of legal issues
- access to highly experienced mentors
- a supportive learning environment fostering technical skills development
- experience in multiple Government legal teams over a three-month period.
The work our Summer Clerks enjoy is challenging and meaningful and our programme injects fun and camaraderie into a rewarding professional experience.
The Summer Clerk programme has placements in both Wellington and Auckland. Use this advert if you wish to be placed in Wellington.
Prior to submitting your application, please read the job description attached and the application guidelines which are found at:
If, after reading the guidelines, you have any queries please contact the GLN Programmes Team at email@example.com
Applicants must complete written responses to set questions and provide copies of their Curriculum Vitae and Academic transcript.
Applicants are not required to provide a cover letter - please use this field to attach your Academic transcript.
To apply, please use the following link: GLN Summer Clerk Programme (Wellington)
For a copy of the job description visit 2023.01.03---PD---Summer-Clerk.pdf
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 31 March 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Crown Law Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.