Healthcare Security (Casual) Middlemore Central, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The security team provide a 24 hour, 7 days per week service coverage for Counties Manukau District in particular the Middlemore Hospital site, Manukau Super Clinic site and various other sites from time to time. This involves frequent patrols of the sites, customer service, staff and visitor escorts, attending all security related incidents as and when required, investigation reporting and follow up of various incidents, reporting to the Shift Senior.
These are casual positions, rostered shifts Monday to Sunday, over 24 hours, 7 days a week period. We require a individuals who will be available to work on call basis and available to work at short notice.
Due to the nature of the work applicants will need to prove that they are a team player and have the ability to combine a security mind set with exceptional customer Service and people skills. If you believe you have the skills currently or transferable experience to fill the following criteria and can convince us that you are a hard working person who will go the extra mile to help people and get the job done, we would like to hear from you.
- One years Security experience preferably in a health setting
- Ability to obtain Level 2 and Level 3 National Certificate or appropriate qualifications
- Ability to operate modern security technology, i.e. cameras, radios pagers, electronic locking apparatus and basic computer systems
- Ability to communicate effectively: Both verbally and written
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Team player that is able to build rapport with staff
- Able to use a computer confidently (Basic use and knowledge of MS Outlook, MS word)
- Ability to write clear and concise incident reports, make written statements and keep registers and records
- A good degree of physical fitness is required due to the nature of the role
- Clean & current full NZ driver's license
- Must be available to work on call basis, rostered shift Monday to Sunday over 24 hours, 7 days a week.
To make an application please apply online via https://careers.countiesmanukau.health.nz/working-here/ or to review the position description please 'click here'. For more information please contact Tangi Namulauulu in the Recruitment Centre on email email@example.com
Closing Date: 8th June 2023
Position Number: CMH07527
Our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our patients and our people. We have strict Health & Safety measures to keep our people safe. All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds who share our values and have a passion to work in our community and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maaori and Pacific communities. We are also committed to our Disability Strategy, which focuses on people with disabilities; they are our patients, whaanau, community and our staff - all carefully considered in our action plan. Together we will improve the accessibility needs for everyone who has a disability. Our values are Valuing Everyone- Whakawhanaungatanga , Kind –Manaakitanga, Together –Kotahitanga, Excellent- Rangatiratanga. If these are your values too, then join us today.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.