Integrated Project Team Lead - Future Enterprise Resource Planning at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
As the Integrated Project Team Lead (IPTL) – Future Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), you will be ultimately accountable for the successful definition, delivery and capability integration of the Future ERP project to enable continuity of the NZDF's ERP capability and support business continuity.
The uniqueness of our organisation, and the balance between business and military effect, mean this is a rare opportunity for a seasoned professional to drive meaningful improvements to the way NZDF supports its defence commitments to New Zealand.
Integrated Project Team Leader will provide continuity and leadership of an assigned project from capability definition, through delivery to capability integration.
Please Note: This position is fixed term through to October 2023.
What we need
You'll be a recognised ERP (particularly SAP) implementation expert with proven IPTL experience delivering large and complex ERP transformation programmes.
To ensure success, the Future ERP Project requires an experienced and strategic leader with change management expertise who is capable of communicating a compelling vision of the future state to personnel at all levels of the NZDF.
Key skills and experiences you'll bring include:
- Skilled at establishing effective relationships with executive leaders and business owners;
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively at the strategic, governance and operational delivery levels;
- Robust networking, negotiation, consultation and advocacy skills;
- In depth knowledge and understanding of programme and project management methodologies and best practice;
- Experience with financial management of significant programme; and
- A detailed understanding of risk management concepts, practices and processes.
Who we are
The Defence Capability Management System - The Ministry of Defence (MoD) and New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) have a shared accountability for the Defence Capability Management System. Capability in this setting is defined as “the Personnel, Research & development, Infrastructure, Concepts & doctrine, Information technology, and Equipment & logistics, that makes up the capability and that affects the capacity of the NZDF to undertake military operations”.
The Capability Management System operates across all phases of the capability life-cycle from strategic policy, to identifying the capabilities required to deliver it, and then acquiring, delivering, operating, and eventually disposing or replacing them. The people who make up and support this system come from both the MoD and the NZDF. The aim of both organisations, working together, is to operate a Capability Management System that delivers the right capability on time and to budget using best practice in all activities.
The purpose of the Capability Branch is to be the Centre of Expertise for the development, delivery and management oversight of Capability within the NZDF. Capability Branch ensures the continuity of appropriate and cost effective military capabilities so that the NZDF remains mission capable and able to contribute meaningfully to the security interests of New Zealand. The Capability Branch provides a single point of accountability for these elements and delivers outputs that enable the delivery of joint effects. The Capability Branch fosters contemporary military specialist knowledge and future thinking, operates using project and financial management disciplines and provides programme and project quality assurance oversight.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For more information contact Pete Hanrahan on 021 924 081.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 31 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.