Electric Vehicles Project Manager at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) has established an Electrification Project to manage the transition to ‘greener' technologies and reduce carbon emissions in the NZDF. The initial component of this project is achieving the reduction of greenhouse gases within NZDF vehicle fleets through the replacement of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles with electric vehicles (EV).
You'll be responsible for the management of the Electrification Project to ensure the timely delivery of a fit-for-purpose NZDF Electric Vehicle (EV) fleet, with the associated infrastructure such as charging stations, and to ensure sustainability in the long term.
This will include the development of a business case, management of the project (including the delivery / introduction into service) and oversight of all project resources.
Please Note: This is a 2 year fixed term position.
What we need
An experienced project manager with skills in leading, managing and successfully implementing projects, with a large number of internal stakeholders.
Other key skills and attributes we're looking for include:
- Competence in applying Project Management methodologies and tools;
- Experience in applying change management strategies; and
- A strong understanding of asset/equipment management.
The Electrification Project Manager requires close engagement with end-users, NZDF and Ministry of Defence Capability Branch resources, NZDF Finance, Defence Estate and Infrastructure (DEI), and other government departments such as the Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority (EECA). As a result, it's safe to say you'll need to be an excellent communicator, have excellent interpersonal skills and be adept at bringing others on a journey with you.
An understanding of policy and techniques for emission reduction would be beneficial, as would an understanding of green technologies and EV.
Who we are
The Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) is responsible for providing proactive, responsive and effective strategic in-service equipment fleet management and full life-cycle integrated logistic support (ILS) advice to support delivery of the NZDF's outputs. Our focus is on equipment and related commodities and consumables, and ensuring they are available at the right time and standard to enable the Army, Air Force and Navy to achieve the right effect.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
We are a great bunch of people who manage equipment that is critical to New Zealand's defence. We are committed to building a DEMO culture where we strive to be better every day, inspire others to succeed and are proud of the work we do for New Zealand. Our Recognition and Rewards programme creates an environment where employees feel valued, appreciated and inspired to do their best. We have a leadership team committed to the development of our people and you will find that learning opportunities abound at DEMO.
Along with the opportunity to do meaningful work, our people enjoy the generous employment conditions including flexible work arrangements, 25 days of annual leave, Member Insurance Benefit Programme (MIBP) which includes life and terminal illness benefits. Combined with a calendar of cultural events, DEMO offers a great work environment where you can realise your full potential.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Iain Hill on 021 908 897.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 24 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.