ILS Performance Manager at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
You will develop and maintain NZDF Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Policy and ensure its effective implementation through coordinating resources to provide direct advice, training, assurance and support to NZDF and Ministry of Defence staff. The aim is to ensure effective Total Cost of Ownership / Through Life Support (TLS) analysis and costing occurs with all appropriate CAPEX projects and acquisitions, and materiel management is appropriate for the service life of a capability.
You will focus on:
- Monitoring of programme/project ILS/TLS components including forecasting ILS resource needs, and associated maintenance of performance dashboard and reporting;
- Developing and managing financial and budget delegations to ensure effective use of resources;
- Monitoring of compliance with TLS/ILS practice across the NZDF;
- Coordinating and management of the delivery of NZDF ILS training, education and mentoring; and
- Maintaining effective stakeholder engagement in the field of capability management, acquisition and sustainment.
What we need
You will be senior manager with proven experience operating in a large multi-faceted or complex business environment with multiple customer and stakeholder expectations. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver formal presentations.
You will also have:
- Proven experience managing contracts and resources effectively;
- A comprehensive understanding of, and experience with TLS/ILS practice, management and evaluation;
- Clear understanding of portfolio, programme and project management;
- Proven analytical skills and well-developed conflict resolution skills.
Who we are
Defence Logistics Command (DLC) supports the NZDF by providing logistics (maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)), most supply chain and warehousing operations (SCWO), commercial services and shared services to the single Services and HQ Joint Forces NZ. The DLC support role is summarised by “feed, fuel, fix, arm, move, procure, and pay”. DLC provides logistics policy and advice internally to the NZDF and externally to NZDF's stakeholders on a Whole of Government (WoG) basis. DLC is responsible for multi-national logistics policy and implementation through a series of bi-lateral and multilateral agreements and forums.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.