Manager Land Integration at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
You will be responsible for the effective management of staff who plan business change and through-life support of projects that help the NZ Army. You will follow well-defined and established processes set out in the Capability Management Framework. You will support Capability Branch and NZ Army with technical oversight of landworthiness, operational test and evaluation, and safety and risk management processes.
Key deliverables include:
- Providing technical leadership and assurance to enable business change within the land domain to support the NZ Army;
- Producing Land Capability Integration strategy and plans, including all documentation specified by Capability Branch processes;
- Supporting equipment lifecycles and sustainability through the established ILS framework;
- Assisting with landworthiness processes and procedures;
- Communicating, engaging and consulting with key capability stakeholders to achieve business results; and
- Leading groups of people through motivation, guidance and coaching.
What we need
You will be an experienced leader with proven experience effectively managing technical teams and experts. You will be working with a wide variety of stakeholders and partners to deliver results; so your interpersonal skills, including influence and engagement, will be key to your success.
You will also bring:
- Proven project management experience including familiarity with project management methodologies;
- Experience making strategic decisions considering possible implications; and
- Strong investigative, evaluative and adaptive thinking skills with an ability to critically analyse complex information and make effective recommendations.
Ideally, you will bring knowledge and understanding of NZDF and its complexities, but this is not essential.
Who we are
The purpose of the Capability Branch is to provide efficient and effective management of NZDF capability development and delivery as well as provide capability management oversight. All of these contribute significantly to the total NZDF capability lifecycle. Capability Branch provides a single point of accountability for these elements and delivers outputs that enable the delivery of joint effects. Capability Branch fosters contemporary military specialist knowledge and future thinking operates using project and financial management disciplines and provides programme and project quality assurance oversight.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Chris Gray on 021 976 001.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.