Instructor Technical Administration at NZ Defence Force, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
This role is responsible for delivering classroom instruction/courses on airworthiness policies and guidelines for using the computerised maintenance management system.
Along with delivery of the pre-prepared syllabus, you'll be working alongside your colleagues sharing your subject matter expertise in aircraft maintenance to design and develop course content and practical learning activities. You'll also be conducting assessments and reporting on student progress.
What we need
Along with significant aviation engineering experience and a strong understanding of airworthiness principals, you will need to be computer savvy in the MS Office Suite and ideally have knowledge around computerised maintenance management systems.
Adult teaching or instructional experience is desirable; however, we can offer on the job training for someone who has the right aviation background and is highly motivated to move into an instructional role.
As a confident communicator and presenter, you will find it easy to build rapport with all stakeholders, imparting knowledge effectively and clearly, along with motivating and enthusing those around you. With your excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to find innovative solutions, you will be well placed to provide quality training and learning opportunities for all.
Who we are
Technical Training Squadron (TTS) is responsible for the training of a variety of RNZAF technical trades. This training produces high quality technicians who provide the specialist maintenance support that enables the RNZAF to continue to meet its operational outputs. Technical Training Flight (TTF), a sub unit of TTS, is responsible for the delivery of primary and advanced technical administration, human factors and computerised maintenance management system training.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
If successful you would be joining a team of highly skilled instructors who are passionate about the work they do and hope that you feel the same way too.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, please contact Mark Sloper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.