Roster Coordinator and Administrator at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
In this role you will provide Navy Command with the necessary personnel and procedures for the security, safety and administration, (outside of normal working hours) of the physical assets and personnel situated within the Auckland Command.
You will bring an intermediate level of computer skills and a high standard of skill in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Excellent customer service skills with an approachable manner are essential as part of this role is to provide front line support to answer queries.
What we need
We are seeking a person with very strong organisational skills and the ability to think their feet while managing competing priorities. You will also be a good administrator with experience in database/roster administration and management.
A full NZ driver licence and the ability to work outside of normal hours are essential.
Please note: The formal title for this role within NZDF is Watchbill Coordinator.
Who we are
The Base Watchbill Coordinator (BWC) is employed in the Management Office in Naval Support Services. The Management Office is responsible for the organising, promulgating and manning of out of normal working hour Base Security (Service) personnel. Additionally are responsible for the promulgation and implementation of Command Policy and operating procedures and routines regarding emergencies, Naval Base Personnel and asset safety and security, Base procedures and requirements for the maintenance of order and discipline, ceremonial and transport requirement.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Opportunities for career development.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.