Customer Experience Consultant at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
The HR Service Centre based in Trentham provides a centralised way of doing business across Army, Air Force, Navy and Civilian by providing Payroll and HR administration support for all NZ Defence Force personnel.
As the Customer Experience Consultant you will:
- Be the first point of contact for queries to the NZDF Human Resources Service Centre (HRSC);
- Deliver exceptional customer service and answer a range of queries from our personnel that require HR and payroll assistance;
- Process personnel data and transactions; and
- Assist with pay and medals administration.
What we need
We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding customer service, value and expertise to our NZDF customers and stakeholders. Along with having a sound customer service background, preferably within a Payroll, HR administration or call centre environment, you'll have experience using a corporate ERP System such as SAP.
You'll need to be a confident communicator who always puts the customer first and delivers service excellence through high quality information and support. You'll have an outstanding telephone manner, the ability to adjust your communication style to suit your customer and be able to professionally and positively communicate our brand and services to others.
This is a busy role and will require exceptional organisational and time management skills and someone who feel at ease juggling multiple work tasks to meet deadlines. Your demonstrated ability to solve problems and maintain high standards in your work, as well as the ability to be discreet and maintain absolute confidentiality are crucial to having success in this position.
Who we are
The Human Resources Service Centre (HRSC) is a team of professionals who are passionate about HR Administration, balanced with the responsibility and accountability for effective and efficient use of public resources. We focus on the delivery of services by developing strong relationships with our customers and respecting the different traditions and aspirations of our services and their staff.
The HRSC is responsible for providing HR Administration and Payroll support to all NZDF Personnel. It's a one-stop-shop for all staff to have their HR needs met by a customer focused specialist HR group. This allows the NZDF to improve the efficiency and costs of our support functions, in favour of enhancing our military capability.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.