Strategic Contract Relationship Manager P-8A at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Strategic Contract Relationship Manager (SCRM) to join a small satellite team of Military and Civilian personnel from Supplier Relationship Unit. You will work closely with many internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliverables are being met for the portfolio of contracts, with the ultimate aim of supporting the delivery of military air operations.
The SCRM is responsible for strategic management of industry partner contracts and developing strategies for the optimal management of individual contractual relationships. They support the creation of service specifications (e.g. Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)) and ensure that supplier performance is tracked, monitored and regularly reviewed in the interests of service excellence to the NZDF.
The SCRM acts as the first escalation point for supplier governance and performance issues. The SCRM records, manages and, when required, escalates risks in line with NZDF risk management frameworks. They actively initiate and support continuous improvement and the development of effective and efficient commercial management practices.
What we need
Our top priority for this position is to recruit someone who is passionate, knowledgeable and can demonstrate a high level of experience in strategic supplier relationship and contract management, procurement, people leadership and exceptional customer delivery.
You'll enjoy and excel at delivering exceptional results, putting the needs of the customer at the centre of everything you do, whilst aligning your deliverables to NZDF's strategic and operational objectives.
Your refined communication skills will ensure you're able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders with ease, as well as your written work being to a high standard.
You'll be agile, innovative, excited by challenges, decisive and have strong values, ethics and integrity. You'll have demonstrable experience in critical and strategic thinking, dealing well with pressure, remaining calm and being empathetic.
You'll have a sound understanding and demonstrable experience of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle process and the Government Procurement Rules. You will either have knowledge of, or experience in managing aviation related or Government agency contracts.
If you tick the above boxes, come with solutions and ideas, have a holistic approach where you're focussed on project outcomes, are able to anticipate implications and build and maintain excellent working relationships with ease, then this could be your next challenge.
Who we are
Supplier Relationship Unit (SRU) is located at both RNZAF Base Auckland and Ohakea under command of Materiel Support Wing (MSW), within Defence Logistics Command (Air). The unit is responsible for strategically planning and managing collaborative relationships with key industry suppliers to deliver long-term, sustainable value for money outcomes for RNZAF. SRU also provides commercial support, advice and representation of RNZAF's interest in pan NZDF contracts
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
We are a supportive successful team who are passionate about getting things accomplished.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development;
- New team with green fields approach;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 30 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.