Business Support at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be providing corporate support services and financial assistance to the Chief of Staff for Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) with New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This role has a variety of duties and responsibilities which include financial tasks, executive support and some event management.
Duties for this role will include:
- Compiling financial reports and producing detailed analysis within SAP;
- Supporting and advising on the cost analysis of monthly expenditure and the management of their reporting requirements;
- Proactively managing critical administrative functions for all of DEMO, including event coordination and travel;
- Supporting and running team meeting, as well as preparing management documentation, including agendas and taking minutes;
- Providing executive support to Chief of Staff as required; and
- Contributing to the efficient running/administration of the DEMO Headquarters functions.
This is a busy and varied role with the ability to manage your own workload and make it your own within a positive team environment.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be experienced in corporate Business Support with a good working knowledge and understanding of how financial or asset management works in relation to equipment management. This role requires a creative problem solver who is used to dealing with ambiguity and can adapt quickly to changing priorities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience managing finances, budgets and reporting within SAP;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide professional corporate service assistance to internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong organisational skills, results orientated, a commitment to excellence and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical ability to interpret data, analyse results and develop solutions; and
- Confidence and ability to communicate clearly with senior leadership and in group settings.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) provides a single point of accountability for the through-life management of specified equipment across the Land, Air and Maritime environments, thereby ensuring that all equipment receives consistent strategic management while in service in NZDF.
DEMO is accountable for the day to day delivery of through-life integrated logistic support (ILS) and management of equipment, enabling NZDF to meet its business and operational objectives to the appropriate standards.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We are a great bunch of people who manage equipment that is critical to New Zealand's defence. We are committed to building a DEMO culture where we strive to be better every day, inspire others to succeed and are proud of the work we do for New Zealand. Our Recognition and Rewards programme creates an environment where employees feel valued, appreciated and inspired to do their best. We have a leadership team committed to the development of our people and you will find that learning opportunities abound at DEMO.
Along with the opportunity to do meaningful work, our people enjoy generous employment conditions including the opportunity for flexible work arrangements, 25 days of annual leave and Member Insurance Benefit Programme (MIBP) which includes life and terminal illness benefits. Combined with a calendar of cultural events, DEMO offers a great work environment where you can realise your full potential.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Lawrence Field via email email@example.com.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Monday 27 June 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.