Executive Support at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As the Executive Support based at Linton Military Camp, you will be one the Commanding Officer's team of staff advisors who are responsible for providing accurate and timely advice, guidance and management on unit compliance such as security, health and safety, fiscal management and reporting oversight.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience (ideally a minimum of 8 years) in a generalist support management role preferable in a large complex environment. Proven fiscal management experiences is also a key requirement for success in this role. You will also have a basic HR understanding as you will work with Linton's HR team to ensure all process and protocols are adhered to.
You will also have well refined computer skills including working knowledge on Sharepoint, and a large Corporation's-Data Management System (X-DMS).
You'll be adaptable, curious, a great problem solver and able to work across various domains, stakeholders and projects with ease to achieve the Unit's goals. You will have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy developing strong relationships with stakeholders, building and maintaining trusting relationships. You will have the ability to liaise and present yourself confidently and professionally as you work within the Unit's executive team.
Mō mātou | About Us
Land Operations Training Centre (LOTC) is one of the larger units within Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC - NZ), with the HQ based at Linton Military Camp. LOTC commands the respective Army Schools that provides individual land-based training within the New Zealand Army. The majority of Schools are based in the Palmerston North region, although Schools do reside in Waiouru, Burnham and Trentham Camps and other military camps for short to medium terms.
LOTC is to generate competent and confident personnel trained in classical and contemporary competencies as a part of the training continuum in a land or joint environment, in order to generate Individual and Combined Arms Force Elements for Joint, Interagency, and Multinational (JIM) Operations.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to any crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Wednesday 29 June 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.