Technical Supervisor, Defence Communications at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The purpose of the Defence Communications Station Devonport (DCSD) Technical Supervisor position is to supervise the installation and maintenance of all communication and support equipment at the DCSD, with a particular focus on high frequency radio communication systems and IT networking.
To achieve this objective, the technical supervisor, under the indirect supervision of the Engineering Officer manages their section's technical and rigging responsibilities and all aspects of their staff and their administration needs.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Along with your leadership experience, you will have sound knowledge of high frequency radio communications and information systems support. Equally important you will have in-depth knowledge on technical administration processes and controls.
Ideally we are looking for someone with qualifications in radio telecommunications to NQF Level 4.
This position also forms part of a 24 hour support service and as such requires the Supervisor to reside in the local area and be incorporated into a weekly afterhours on-call roster, as well as providing second tier support in the event that the on-call person cannot resolve the issue in a timely manner. You will be well compensated for this requirement.
Mō mātou | About Us
DCSD provides the continuous provision and support of communication and information systems to the Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) within the Devonport Naval Base and deployed New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) elements under the control of Headquarters Joint Force New Zealand (HQJFNZ).
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact LT Alex Smith on 09 445 5307.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Monday 4 July 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.