Cyber Service Operations Centre Manager at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our Defence Cyber Security Centre (DCSC) defends and protects the Defence Information Environment against cyber security threats.
As the Manager, Cyber Security Operations (CSOC) within DCSC you will provide leadership and management to the teams responsible for detecting and responding to Cyber Security incidents.
As well as monitoring and identification of threats; forensic investigations and management of incidents through to remediation, you and your team will also be responsible for building and maintaining the cyber security platform to ensure it is fit for purpose.
You will also be responsible for engaging stakeholders across NZDF and the partner community to ensure that resolution of Cyber Security incidents are integrated with the wider Defence Digital Group's IT security management approach.
- You must be able and willing to travel within New Zealand and overseas if required.
- This position is required to be on-call and may involve out of hours work ( you will be well compensated).
- You must be/have been a New Zealand CITIZEN for more than 15 years to be eligible to apply for this role.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We are looking for a strategic, forward thinking leader with a strong background in cyber security operations to lead the way in this emerging field for NZDF.
To be considered you will need:
- Exceptional knowledge of cyber risks, the current threat landscape along with the kinds of attacks used to compromise systems;
- A technical understanding of enterprise detection tools, IDS/IPS, network packet analysis and endpoint protection;
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills;
- Previous experience building and developing teams of technical professionals;
- Comprehensive understanding of the NZ Government requirements for security including the NZISM, PSR and GCIO requirements; and
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate an argument or action that promotes organisational success and achievement.
Ideally you will also have GIAC certification or another security or GRC focused certification.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Digital Group
We support more than 14,000 personnel on seven continents, often in geographically remote or hostile environments, using a range of satellite and terrestrial systems. Our core purpose is to provide specialist ICT support to mission and intelligence, as well as providing support to essential corporate functions such as Logistics, Human Resources and Finance.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Tuesday 5 July 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.