Senior HR Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is not like other Senior HR Advisors; you will provide critical and valuable advice for a wide variety of HR systems and processes within both military and civilian (non-uniform) procedures and policy. You will be supporting and collaborating with our Commanders and Managers on all people related matters and within your designated portfolios in order to establish trusted working relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting, coaching and advising NZDF leaders to enable them to make strategic people decisions and manage operational matters;
- Developing, implementing and embedding fit for purpose initiatives to enhance organisational capability at local/portfolio level;
- Aiding the business with delivering HR strategic plans and operational outputs; and
- Working collaboratively with the team and the wider People Capability Portfolio to drive innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a Senior HR Advisor or an experienced HR Advisor ready for the next step. You will bring a strong foundation in generalist HR; comprising of a good practical base of New Zealand employment law, employment relations, remuneration, change management, risk management and general day-to-day HR advice and policy interpretation.
You will also have:
- An ability to influence and build trusted to help you establish and maintain strong working relationships;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to explain technical HR information clearly and apply effectively to a variety of situations;
- Pragmatic and creative problem solving skills as well as a high level of resilience; and
- Strong delivery focus with the ability to work with new systems, policies and procedures.
Mō mātou | About Us
HR Advisory Services (HRAS) provides accurate, responsive, fit for purpose solutions and advice on all people matters aligned to the strategic direction of NZDF. The team provides leadership and support across all facets of human resources, both strategic and operational, and is a key enabler to the success of our leaders.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
For further information, contact Marco Van Hofwegen on 021 962 817.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 14 August 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.