Specialist Equipment Manager at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be responsible for the management of all specialist climbing, mountaineering, diving, boating and simulation training aid stores held within the Logistics Troop.
- Battery management;
- Stocktaking and receipting; and
- Providing equipment support to operations and training activities.
The position also involves periodic technical inspection of specialist equipment and keeping key stakeholders up to date with equipment management issues.
A full driver licence is needed as is the ability to participate in an on call roster. A good level of physical fitness is required in order to be able to successfully fulfil the role requirements, including the ability to lift moderate weights.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We are seeking a person with significant warehousing experience and a detailed knowledge of the specialist equipment mentioned above.
Key skills needed:
- An understanding of equipment management principles and an appreciation of inventory management principles and practices, including good housekeeping principles;
- Competent computer literacy skills with particular experience in MS Word and Excel, with good keyboard skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a wide range of people both individually and within groups, with an emphasis on customer service;
- Strong written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively in small teams and have a high level of self-motivation;
- A high level of integrity and ability to work independently; and
- A sound understanding of Occupational Health and Safety.
There are a number of qualifications you could bring to the role which would be an advantage: Current forklift licence including D endorsement, SAP IM / PM / PI qualification, Climbing and Mountaineering Height Safety Equipment Inspection Qualification, HSNO Class 2-9 Handler qualification, current Workplace First Aid qualification, Small boating operator's qualification.
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of 1 NZSAS Regiment is to respond to strategic tasks or threats, for which either the task or environment precludes the use of conventional operations. Tasks are focused, often discreet operations of an unorthodox and frequently high-risk nature, undertaken to achieve significant political or military objectives beyond the capability of other forces.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Friday 12 August 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.