Production Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As a Production Analyst, you'll work on behalf of New Zealand Defence Intelligence in an embedded role within the Government Communications Security Bureau.
Intelligence Production Analyst is the entry level into the Production Analyst career pathway. With regular guidance and training you will be responsible for analysing information, often in a foreign language, and drafting classified reports that inform government decision making.
You will operate with a significant degree of autonomy as you endeavour to satisfy New Zealand's foreign and defence intelligence needs, and you will see a tangible impact from your work.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We're looking for someone with:
- Effective communications skills – both written and verbal;
- An aptitude for technical and language training;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and networks; and
- Integrity in handling sensitive information.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Production and Outreach Unit's core business involves analysing and translating communications intercept, and producing intelligence end product reports in accordance with Government requirements and cryptologic community standards and practices. We undertake production-related target research and development as well as the maintenance and development of intelligence relationships.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
For further information, contact the Intelligence Mission Director 04 439 6684.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 4 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.