Cyber Security Operations Team Leader at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Lead a team in the Defence Cyber Security Centre, carrying out identification, investigation and analysis of cyber security threats.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and response capabilities within designated areas of the Defence Information Platform;
- Build your team's ability to quickly identify, analyse, triage, investigate and respond to cyber incidents, where necessary following forensic management processes;
- Ensure incidents are resolved and documented in a timely manner;
- Develop the team's understanding of NZDF's networks to enable;
- Take ownership of problem solving tasks;
- Lead a team analysing controls to detect and prevent security incidents;
- Develop, maintain and improve the teams technical understanding; and
- Shape the team culture.
There is an on-call component to this role so you must be happy to make yourself available 24/7.
On-call allowance and phone provided.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of cyber risks, the current threat landscape and common attacks used;
- Technical knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes;
- Knowledge of network protocols and operating systems;
- A high level of investigation and research skills;
- Initiative, agility & flexibility; and
- Knowledge of NZ Government requirements including NZISM, PSR and GCIO requirements.
Please note: You must be/have been a New Zealand CITIZEN for 15 years to be eligible to apply for this role.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Digital Group supports more than 14,000 personnel on seven continents, often in geographically remote or hostile environments, using a range of satellite and terrestrial systems. Our core purpose is to provide specialist ICT support to mission and intelligence, as well as providing support to essential corporate functions such as Logistics, Human Resources and Finance.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 9 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.