Monitoring Systems Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As a Monitoring Systems Analyst you will ensure the availability and stability of the core information systems.
You will do this by:
- Using proactive monitoring tools and techniques to anticipate and prevent incidents;
- Using triage, diagnosis, remediation or escalation actions to support the continued operation of the core information systems across the whole NZDF;
- Performing level 1 and 2 remediation;
- Restoring ICS performance to agreed levels; and
- Ensuring compliance and maintenance activities have been completed.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge or experience of information system monitoring and event management;
- Knowledge or experience with Azure, Office365 and Teams environments;
- Assessment, analysis and diagnostic techniques;
- Knowledge of switch and router configuration and Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, Citrix and VMware environments;
- Ability to think strategically, gather and interpret data and problem solve; and
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
This position operates on a 24/7 shift pattern with an added shift allowance, which you will be well compensated for.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Digital Group supports more than 14,000 personnel on seven continents, often in geographically remote or hostile environments, using a range of satellite and terrestrial systems. Our core purpose is to provide specialist ICT support to mission and intelligence, as well as providing support to essential corporate functions such as Logistics, Human Resources and Finance. Most importantly, we support our colleagues in the Navy, Army, Airforce and Joint Forces who rely on us for the technology they use on platforms (e.g. planes, helicopters, vehicles, ships and military bases). We operate in operational environments, across a range of domains - including cyber – to ensure New Zealand is protected against external threats.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Close to train station, great nearby amenities
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 9 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.