Security Guard at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for casual security guards who have an exceptional level of frontline customer service related experience. You will work in an environment that requires the highest level of awareness, whilst dealing with customer contact every inch of the way. If you can commit to working as part of a team but have the ability to make the right decision when required, then you are the person we are looking for.
As a casual security guard with the Linton Military Camp Security Section, you will work as and when required, to provide security services for all units within Camp.
- Entry/exit gate enforcements at the Camp entrance;
- Control room duties;
- Conducting foot and vehicle patrols;
- Checking of buildings; and
- Monitoring and responding to Intruder Detection Systems and CCTV.
Please Note: As this is a casual role, work will be as and when required, over a 24hr rotating roster.
We'd love to hear from anyone wanting a change of pace; maybe you've recently retired but still want to give back to your community.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Applicants will need to have:
- An excellent level of frontline customer service related experience;
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal English language skills;
- The ability to work a range of shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays;
- The ability to work as a part of a team or by yourself and make decisions in the absence of management;
- A valid full class one New Zealand Driver Licence with no restrictions, you will need to be able to drive a manual car; and
- A good level of experience with computers including the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Directorate of Defence Security (DDS) comprises eight functional business units: counter intelligence, security compliance (including Defence Industry), security risk and assurance, security vetting and screening, security policy, security services, security education and training and the security guard force. Each functional unit contributes a vital role to strengthen the NZDF's ability to secure its information, people, assets and reputation. DDS provides a sustainable and credible security organisation primarily focused on NZDF's domestic security environment through the provision of a wide range of protective security policies, services, products and advice.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Graham Hewitt 021 826 842.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 10 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.