Human Resources Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Based at Linton Military Camp and reporting to the Regional HR Manager, you will be joining a professional, supportive and passionate team of professionals. To enable us to deliver on our service delivery strategy, we are seeking the talent and skills of a knowledgeable and experienced HR practitioner (desirable).
We are also open to receiving applications from new graduates in HR, ER or Law who have obtained an average of B+.
This is a true advisory role where you will relish the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the organisation; not only to understand your customer's needs but to also help raise the profile of the wider HR team. You need to be comfortable engaging with a diverse mix of people at all levels, and able to influence in a collaborative way.
Flexibility with location (within Manawatu), working from home are all open for discussion.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
There aren't many roles where HR practitioners can make a difference to the country they live in. Being a key member of the HR Advisory Services team, you will be offered that rare opportunity.
This role is unique as you will be managing a portfolio that has a mix of both military and civilian staff, working with our Commanders and Managers on all people related matters. It is a busy and varied role where no two days are the same, and your ability to influence and build trust will help you establish and maintain very strong working relationships.
You will bring to this role a strong foundation in generalist HR; within that lays a good practical base of:
- New Zealand employment law;
- Employment relations;
- Change management;
- Risk management; and
- General day to day HR advice.
You will be pragmatic, tenacious and resilient, equipped with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Mō mātou | About Us
HR Advisory Services (HRAS) is part of the DHR of HQ New Zealand Defence Force (HQ NZDF). HRAS is focused on the delivery of strategic, high quality, timely, accurate HR management support and advisory services. It is responsible for the development and implementation of local HR strategies and initiatives as well as advising NZDF commanders and managers, enabling them to lead their people effectively.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great amenities on base
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Trudi Rutene 021 193 4707.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 10 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.