Senior Intelligence Engagements Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be providing high level support and advice around intelligence matters to senior leadership as part of New Zealand Defence Intelligence (NZDI) with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This role has a strong emphasis on building strong and trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including internal, domestic and international.
Duties for this role will include:
- Managing key intelligence stakeholder relationships with international partners;
- Providing advice and direction around Intelligence Relationship policies;
- Drafting briefing packs and collating and recommending talking points;
- Hosting domestic and international visitors and assisting with arrangements where needed;
- Traveling occasionally with senior leadership and arranging programmes of meetings to maximize efficiency of visits; and
- Providing any additional administration support as required.
- The successful applicant must be able to travel internationally occasionally.
- You must hold New Zealand Citizenship in order to obtain the highest level of security clearance.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be able to build, maintain and influence key relationships at a senior level, while also building trust and a strong rapport within the wider team and with international counterparts. This role requires the ability to think strategically, be proactive and pivot easily with changing priorities and situations, while also handling multiple demands at any given time.
Ideally, you will also have:
- A tertiary level degree in a relevant field, such as International Relations;
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload efficiently.
- Effective and professional communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to draft documents and prepare presentations;
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply appropriate policies and procedures;
- Working knowledge of the intelligence community and have an interest in world events; and
- The ability to work with discretion and handle confidential material.
Mō mātou | About Us
New Zealand Defence Intelligence (NZDI) is the principal provider of intelligence advice to the Chief of Defence Force (CDF) and the New Zealand Defence Force Executive Leadership Team (ELT). It achieves this by: supporting the ELT in the formulation of strategic intelligence and security direction; implementation of direction from CDF and the ELT through its organic branch capabilities or through the technical direction of Joint Force intelligence resources.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Andy Francis firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 3 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.