Quality Manager, Aircraft Maintenance at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role your proven quality assurance skills will ensure you are successful as you hit the ground running as immediately you will become the subject matter expert on quality assurance/QA.
You'll take responsibility for meeting the objectives of ensuring regulatory compliance, process conformance and promoting organisational excellence.
Additionally, you'll be embedding quality culture through further development and improvement of the quality management systems.
This will include:
- Quality reporting;
- Education/mentoring and facilitation;
- Conduct and review of quality investigations, and;
- Addressing internal and external audit/investigation findings.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We're seeking a person with a thorough understanding of effective quality management, continuous improvement and aviation safety management systems.
Key skills needed include:
- Knowledge of quality and safety investigation techniques;
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements;
- An understanding of airworthiness and aircraft configuration management;
- Comprehensive understanding of auditing requirements for compliance and conformance to Quality Management Standards policy and processes;
- An in-depth knowledge of AS 9100 and ISO 9001 Quality Management Standards;
- Proven experience in undertaking analysis and investigation into non-conformances to identify corrective and preventative measures, and;
- Proven business management techniques and tools for process monitoring, measurement, analysis and improvement.
You'll bring a working knowledge of SAP Plant Maintenance and prior relevant experience will have given you strong interview and investigation techniques with a knowledge of root cause analysis.
Having an open mind you are able to negotiate corrective measures that won't constrain the business. You'll be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills and your ability to build strong working relationships and become a trusted influencer will play a big part in your success in this role.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Logistics Command (Air) DLC(A)/NZDF DAR 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) is responsible for providing the full suite of logistics (provision, procurement and MRO) services to sustain the NZDF fleets of aircraft and aeronautical support equipment through life and on operational deployment.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Thursday 6 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.