Health Centre Manager at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As part of the Regional Health Services Management team you will oversee day-to-day Health Centre operations to ensure medical services within the Centre operate effectively, efficiently and safely for clinicians and patients, with the aim of providing Health Excellence. This includes management of people, resources and finances, compliance requirements, facility management, implementing quality improvement initiatives using sound project and change management practices.
The Health Centre Manager role requires you to work closely with the Clinical and Organisational Leadership, Allied Health, and Naval Base relationship partners.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
As a dynamic leader you embrace the chance to lead a team through a time of growth, change and development, helping to shape new initiatives and supporting the roll out. You will ensure high standards and performance by setting a clear direction for your Health Centre team, empowering and engaging people to be fully involved and encouraging a collaborative, open and forward thinking environment.
You are a confident communicator, networker and influencer who proactively engages with internal and external stakeholders, builds effective working relationships with a wide range of people and is comfortable navigating your way around a large, complex organisation.
To be successful in this role, you'll have considerable knowledge of clinical practice and a firm understanding of the operational ‘day to day' requirements of managing a Health centre, critical thinking abilities and experience applying human resources principles.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Force Health Organisation delivers health services to NZDF military personnel in New Zealand to maintain, improve and restore health in order to enhance Force effectiveness.
The core health provision is primary health care with some additional focus on occupational care specific to the military. The FHO provides a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated approach to health care which forms the basis of our person-centric model.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Thursday 6 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.