Learning Designer at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be analysing and designing learning solutions to enable a high quality learning experience within the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). We cover a wide variety of subject matter which requires the solutions to be tailored accordingly.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Designing learning content for new or major change requests;
- Analysing existing and designing new learning outcomes, instructional objectives and robust assessments; and
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of all courses.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will have confidence to deliver educational advice based on your expert knowledge of learning theories, curriculum design, analysis interpretation and assessment construct.
You will also have:
- Proven design skills related to instructional and educational aspects of technical training;
- Experience in solving training related issues, particularly in adult learning;
- The ability to build and maintain robust working relationships with stakeholders; and
- Strong communication skills to turn complex information into workable solutions.
Exposure to innovative, alternative, instructional methods and media would be advantageous. For example e-learning, web-based and distance learning delivery systems.
Mō mātou | About Us
The New Zealand Defence College vision is to lead New Zealand Defence Force learning excellence.
Our purpose is to achieve greater integration of the New Zealand Defence Force's individual training and education through the provision of standardised learning policy, enabling services and systems; reduced duplication and other inefficiencies; promotion of a 21st century learning environment; implementation and management of smart learning capabilities; and where beneficial and appropriate to do so, the design, development and delivery of common and joint learning.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Thursday 6 October 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.