Rehabilitation Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be responsible for providing comprehensive rehabilitation and vocational planning and services to ensure effective outcomes for our veterans as part of a small close knit team. You will support veterans through robust, evidence based decision making to provide the best support to meet their needs.
A typical day could include:
- Interpreting medical reports and information;
- Liaising with Rehabilitation Providers to arrange necessary assessments, rehabilitation programs and equipment;
- Working with and supporting Case Managers to facilitate and arrange services for veterans to develop integrated rehabilitation plans;
- Sharing your extensive knowledge and expertise to assist in providing exceptional service to veterans; and
- Policy and procedure planning, as well as adhoc projects and business planning, as required.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a registered Allied Health Practitioner or Registered Nurse who holds a current annual practicing certificate with their respective board. You must be a strong team player who works collaboratively in an open and transparent manner.
You will also have:
- A strong understanding of veterans' needs and cultural awareness to support best practice;
- An ability to network and build strong working relationships;
- Proven experience providing exceptional support to internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills to portray complex information clearly and concisely to a mixed audience;
- Sound knowledge and experience of rehabilitation particularly vocational rehabilitation, medical and paramedical terminology and procedures; and
- Knowledge of case management methodologies would be an advantage.
Ideally, you will have experience working with a diverse group of clients and are both committed to, and understand, the importance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Please note: If selected for interview you will be required to provide certified copies of your medical qualifications including your practicing/registration certificate and a statement of good standing.
A class 1 driver's licence is required. Occasional travel within NZ may be required.
Mō mātou | About Us
Veterans' Affairs is exceptionally proud to represent and serve those who have fought in our country's best interests and who make sacrifices – even today – to ensure New Zealand remains a free and safe country. We provide support and services for veterans and their families.
We estimate that there are around 31,000 New Zealand veterans, of varying ages and with diverse backgrounds. With an age range from 19 to more than a hundred years old, our veterans include current New Zealand Defence Force personnel, those who have left the Defence Force and work in civilian roles, and retired ex-service personnel.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 4 December 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.