Senior Executive Assistant at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Your primary focus will be to provide high-quality executive assistance, secretarial services and support senior leaders within our Capability branch.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Actively managing a senior executive's diary, meeting requests and coordinating correspondence;
- Providing full secretarial services with the preparation of management documents;
- Liaising and maintaining working relationships across the senior levels of the NZDF and other Government agencies;
- Coordinating and booking travel arrangements for the wider Leadership team; and
- Ensuring smooth running of the senior executive's day, anticipating information and organisational demands.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will have proven experience providing executive or personal assistance to a senior executive. An independent self-starter, you will take ownership of the role to work collaboratively and effectively with the wider leadership team at a strategic level.
You will also have:
- Proven prioritisation, planning and organisation skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal;
- A proactive approach to tasks, to ensure action is taken and leadership team is kept informed;
- An ability to work with confidential and commercial sensitive information;
- Flexibility and adaptability with a customer focus;
- Knowledge and proficiency in using MS Office Suite in particular, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & SharePoint; and
- Experience in using SAP (advantageous, desirable but not essential).
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of the Capability Branch is to provide efficient and effective management of NZDF capability development and delivery as well as provide capability management oversight. All of these contribute significantly to the total NZDF capability lifecycle.
The Capability Branch provides a single point of accountability for these elements and delivers outputs that enable the delivery of joint effects. The Capability Branch fosters contemporary military specialist knowledge and future thinking, operates using project and financial management disciplines and provides programme and project quality assurance oversight.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 5 December 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.