Customer Services Manager at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will bring passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the Human Resource Service Centre.
In this role, you will lead three small sized specialist teams who administer HR processing and answer queries. No two queries are the same, so your quick thinking and problem solving abilities will be a real asset in resolving the complexities your team will escalate to you for decisions from time to time.
A typical day could include:
- Leading an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive;
- Providing direction and leadership to the Customer Services team including coaching and mentoring staff;
- Working with Team Leaders to set staff expectations so people know what is expected of them and can grow in their role;
- Responding to queries on HR, payroll processes and SAP;
- Providing support to the Human Resource Service Centre Operations Manager; and
- Contributing to the HRSC management group and participating in the ongoing leadership and development of the Service Centre.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be able to maintain excellent customer relationships, have high quality communication skills and attention to detail. You will have comprehensive knowledge of HR systems and processes with the ability to handle and deal with confidential information and matters.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in a customer service or service delivery environment;
- Fantastic communication skills, allowing you to build easy rapport;
- Well-developed organisational skills, highly efficient and effective at making things happen;
- Ability to manage pressure, multiple demand and changing priorities with ease;
- Flexibility and be able to deal with ambiguity;
- A collaborative interpersonal style, including experience in managing expectations and priorities for a small sized team; and
- Be computer and system savvy.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Human Resources Service Centre (HRSC) is a team of professional people who are passionate about HR Administration, balanced with the responsibility and accountability for effective and efficient use of public resources. We focus on the delivery of services by developing strong relationships with our customers and respecting the different traditions and aspirations of our services and their staff.
The HRSC is responsible for providing HR Administration and payroll support to all NZDF Personnel. It's a one-stop-shop for all staff to have their HR needs met by a client focused specialist HR group. This allows the NZDF to improve the efficiency and costs of our support functions, in favour of enhancing our military capability.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 11 December 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.