Projects Officer at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Projects Officer role is tasked with managing up to 10 projects per year for the NZDF. The role requires the use of project management methodologies and stakeholder management to ensure that the projects support the delivery of NZDF outputs. You will be responsible for input into project development and planning and then monitoring throughout delivery to their successful conclusion.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a team player with high-level organisational skills; with health, safety, and risk management skills. In addition to this experience, you will bring a good understanding of project coordination or management. If you hold a PRINCE II or equivalent qualification, and may be familiar with NZS 3910 this would be advantageous.
Your skills and abilities include:
- Defining scope, budget and scheduling forecasts;
- Providing monthly project status reporting;
- Familiarity with SAP and/or Planview (desired but not essential);
- The ability to forge and build effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Demonstrating our core values when liaising with internal and external customers;
- Excellent written/oral skills;
- The ability to learn computer systems quickly or have high computer literacy;
- Being able to focus and prioritise key tasks accordingly; and
- Previous experience in a project coordination/management role or similar.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Estate and Infrastructure are critical enablers for the delivery of NZDF military capabilities and the support it provides to other government agencies and the community.
The current estate is a complex network of approximately 81,000 hectares and 5,000 buildings spread across nine camps and bases, two large land training areas and various regional locations.
The purpose of the Defence Estate and Infrastructure is to develop, maintain and manage land and infrastructure assets to support NZDF military capabilities and all of government outcomes.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.