Equipment Manager STANO at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be providing the day-to-day management of all deployable equipment as part of Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This is an interesting role which manages a small team and a wide range of Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Night Observation (STANO) equipment; some of the STANO equipment includes night vision systems, thermal imaging systems, and global positioning systems.
A typical day may include:
- Providing practical input from the capability concept phase, through acquisition, in service life, and the disposal phase;
- Creating management policies and policy documentation for all new technology being introduced;
- Providing innovative and out-of-the-box thinking for creative solutions to equipment and vendor challenges;
- Managing vendor contracts and assisting with budget planning; and
- Initiating and updating policies, procedures and publications as required.
Please Note: The formal title for this role within NZDF is Equipment Manager Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Night Observation.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a highly organised and results orientated person with a commitment to excellence, great attention to detail and exceptional facilitation skills. With the ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organisation and external vendors, you will also need to be able to clearly articulate all technical requirements for the equipment being managed, while staying resilient and pushing back as required.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in equipment management, with experience in providing and managing maintenance and logistic support;
- Knowledge and experience of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) principles, with expertise in specific areas i.e. Engineering Support, Maintenance Support, Training and Training Support, Supply Chain Management and Safety Cases;
- Ability to manage a small team and working as part of a wider team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact and negotiate with international vendors;
- Ability to understand flow-on effect of actions and apply sound judgement, initiative and common sense to situations; and
- Basic skills in SAP and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Experience and knowledge within engineering, Military and/or commercial sector would be an advantage.
Please note: This role requires the ability to travel domestically on occasion.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) is responsible for providing proactive, responsive and effective strategic in-service equipment fleet management and full life-cycle integrated logistic support (ILS) advice to support delivery of the NZDF's outputs. Our focus is on equipment and related commodities and consumables, and ensuring they are available at the right time and standard to enable the Army, Air Force and Navy to achieve the right effect.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We are a great bunch of people who manage equipment that is critical to New Zealand's defence. We are committed to building a DEMO culture where we strive to be better every day, inspire others to succeed and are proud of the work we do for New Zealand. Our Recognition and Rewards programme creates an environment where employees feel valued, appreciated and inspired to do their best. We have a leadership team committed to the development of our people and you will find that learning opportunities abound at DEMO.
Along with the opportunity to do meaningful work, our people enjoy generous employment conditions including the opportunity for flexible work arrangements, 25 days of annual leave and Member Insurance Benefit Programme (MIBP) which includes life and terminal illness benefits. Combined with a calendar of cultural events, DEMO offers a great work environment where you can realise your full potential.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 12 February 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.