Logistics Coordinator at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Logistic Coordinator is primarily responsible for the provision, control, warehousing and management of all medical stores and equipment located in the Force Health Organisation (FHO) at Ohakea Defence Health Centre (DHC) Base Medical Flight & Medical Store.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of relationships with vendors;
- Raise purchase orders in accordance with current NZDF and GONZ procedures, guidelines and principles for catalogued and non-catalogued items;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders regarding the status of purchase orders; and
- Monitoring vendor delivery performance and initiating follow up.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You are a proficient coordinator who possesses strong people skills. You have experience in coordinating and juggling multiple tasks confidently and efficiently and enjoy working in a varied and fast-paced environment.
Ideally, you will have:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office suite in particular Excel;
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills;
- Experience working in a large complex environment or government agency (advantageous);
- Previous experience working in a coordination/high-volume administration role;
- Excellent written skills possessing attention to detail;
- Confident in collating data and updating internal databases as required;
- Working knowledge of pharmaceuticals or pharmacy technician experience (desired); and
- Knowledge of related Acts, Standards, Regulations, Codes, and ACC (desired).
Mō mātou | About Us
The Deployable Health Organisation (DHO) is a unit within the Joint Support Group (JSG) and is tasked to command, coordinate, train and manage all collective DHO capability to meet NZDF operational outcomes.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 12 February 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.