Doctor at NZ Defence Force, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As a Doctor working at RNZAF Base Woodbourne your primary focus will be to provide medical care to ensure uniformed NZDF personnel are fit for deployment and receive a high standard of comprehensive health care during their service with NZDF.
Primarily the role is primary health care however could include:
- Acute and emergency health care, and occupational and preventive medicine;
- Providing training and clinical oversight for medics, and other health colleagues; and
- Contributing to NZDF health quality initiatives and improvements.
This is a very well compensated dynamic role that adds value to our personnel and the wider base community.
The salary for this role is approximately $180,847 - $239,366 depending on qualifications and GP experience.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate GP to join our Woodbourne Defence Health Centre team. An as experienced GP, ideally vocationally registered, you'll be part of a multi-disciplinary health team delivering Primary Health care, acute care and occupational assessment and treatment to Military Personnel on base.
You will also have:
- The ability to provide training and clinical leadership to the wider team, including military medics;
- Excellent communication skills including demonstrating empathy when relating to the health and well-being of patients;
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of relevant NZ legislation;
- Proven ability to make effective recommendations, including health management plans that incorporate both patient needs and organisational responsibilities and risks; and
- Experience working in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment, easily building strong relationships and working effectively across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- If selected for interview you will be required to provide certified copies of your medical qualifications including your practicing/registration certificate and a statement of good standing.
- Some health roles require COVID-19 vaccinations as a requirement under the Health and Disability Mandate. If these are required for this specific position, we will request evidence of the required vaccinations.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Force Health Organisation delivers health services to NZDF military personnel in New Zealand to maintain, improve and restore health in order to enhance Force effectiveness. The core health provision is primary health care with some additional focus on care specific to the military such as rehabilitation. The FHO provides a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated approach to health care and this forms the basis of our person-centric model.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Permanent role.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great onsite amenities such as the gym.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 8 February 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.