Purchasing Officer at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be part of a busy team who provide purchasing support to a wide range of departments with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This role works closely with all NZDF staff to provide accurate, efficient and timely goods and services purchasing to ensure that the NZDF's obligations to its suppliers and customers are met.
Duties for this role include:
- Raising purchasing orders and ensuring compliance with all relevant contracts and policies;
- Investigating any normalities or errors, and problem solving to correct them;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Assisting other team members when required.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be an enthusiastic team member with great communication skills and the ability to maintain a high level of quality assurance. Planning and organising are essential in this fast-paced environment, as well as having a strong service delivery focus and a commitment to providing excellent customer service to all levels of the organisation.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in purchasing within a large organisation;
- An understanding of Public Sector, including All of Government (AOG) purchasing/procurement requirements;
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills, with the ability to seek out solutions;
- Experience with purchasing in a SAP R/3 or similar environment;
- Good technical ability, including experience with MS Excel and Outlook; and
- Experience in developing and implementing process improvement measures.
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of the CFO Portfolio is to assist the Governments and NZDF utilise resources to deliver an optimised military effect through the provision of strategic financial management services enabling integrated capability decisions. NZDF Finance indirectly supports the Output Plan by providing financial services to support decisions or through the provision of specialist financial support to our business customers. Our people also contribute thoughts, ideas and observations from a multi-disciplined perspective to all levels of the NZDF to help with the formation and implementation of strategy.
The Business Services Group within CFO Portfolio is responsible for the effective management of corporate purchasing, accounts payable and Treasury payment functions (PTP) as well as transactional accounting and compliance (including fixed assets, payroll accounting, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations and tax compliance activities).
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Thursday 9 February 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.