Logistics & Administration Manager - Youth Development Unit HQ at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role you will provide support to the Commanding Officer through the management of the Youth Development Unit's logistics and administration output. You will have responsibility for the management of civilian personnel, logistics and the administration functions for the unit. You will also monitor occupational health and safety and coach and lead administration and logistics personnel.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We are seeking a person with a strong administration background with an intermediate level of computer literacy particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite and corporate financial and information systems. Experience of computer based inventory management systems in particular, SAP (or similar) and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) is desirable.
Being able to provide sound logistic, administrative and financial advice and guidance to managers and staff is key in this role.
As a seasoned administrator you have developed excellent planning and organisational skills, good oral and written communication skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to meet timeframes while managing competing demands. You are used to working in a high tempo environment and being part of a dynamic team; you will bring flexibility and an open mind.
In this role you will have two direct reports, a logistics advisor and a business support officer. It's important therefore that you have prior personnel management experience and a collaborative leadership style.
You will be required to pass a Vulnerable Children's Act Vetting clearance.
Mō mātou | About Us
The YDU is responsible for providing support to the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) output 4.5 support to the community through the provision of training to selected elements of New Zealand's youth, these being Limited Services Volunteer (LSV), and Youth Life Skills (YLS) schemes. A New Zealand Defence Force Unit (Navy, Army, Air Force, and Civilian) with sub units based in Burnham, Trentham and RNZAF Base Auckland where the HQ is co-located.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- New team with green fields approach.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 8 February 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.