Finance Business Partner at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will act as an internal finance consultant and be the primary interface between finance and strategic level stakeholders within 1-2 business portfolios within New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). As an ambassador for the finance function, you will be responsible for providing trusted, insightful and comprehensive financial advice and support to Defence Force Leadership.
Duties for the role include:
- Participating in portfolio strategic planning as a trusted advisor to portfolio leadership;
- Ensuring delivery of timely and accurate information and business support to assist financial and operational decision making and management;
- Being the greatest advocate, as well the harshest critic for your portfolio by supporting and challenging senior leadership to ensure the best outcome for NZDF;
- Leading the delivery of robust and effective financial budgeting and forecasting for the portfolio;
- Proactively contributing to business alignment with the NZDF strategy; and
- Acting as a catalyst in driving initiatives critical to delivering the NZDF Finance and Business strategy.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be empowered to manage your own portfolio and be responsible for advising financial decision making at a strategic level. Building and maintaining relationships to ensure that your advice is well received and trusted will be key to your success.
You will also have:
- Extensive experience working as a finance business partner within a large organisation;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- An ability to influence, challenge and persuade others;
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical and evaluative skills, incorporating problem solving, decision making and creative thinking at a senior level; and
- Effective communication skills to translate technical financial information into accessible information.
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of NZDF Finance is to assist the Government and NZDF to utilise resources to deliver an optimised military effect through the provision of strategic financial management services enabling integrated capability decisions. As a valued part of NZDF Finance, the Finance Service Delivery Team provides financial advice and business support to the wider NZDF functions with financial governance responsibilities.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 21 March 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.