Information Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Information Advisor is responsible for delivering a range of records and document management services and ensuring a great customer experience.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide registry services for HQ (physical records research, identification, access and distribution) for HQ NZDF and the single services;
- Manage physical records in alignment with the NZDF and Archives NZ Disposal Authorities;
- Contribute to the design and development of future state digital records and information management processes;
- Support classified document management; and
- Provide coaching and training on records and information management processes and good practice.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
As the Information Advisor, you will be responsible for providing advice on records and information management practices to meet organisational needs and ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, military doctrine and organisational information security requirements.
You will also have:
- A strong people and customer focus;
- A can-do, problem solving attitude with a willingness to learn and deal with ambiguity;
- The ability to effectively communicate with diverse range of people, from military to civilian;
- Attention to detail;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Proficient use of MS Office suite (advantageous);
- Familiarity with SAP system (desired but not essential);
- Previous experience in administration or document management roles (desired); and
- Previous working knowledge of the OIA, PRA and PA (desired).
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Shared Services Group (DSSG) is responsible for the effective provision and efficient delivery of shared services activities to the whole of NZDF. Our vision and mission is to support NZDF strategic outcomes whilst achieving world class shared service excellence. This will be achieved through a forward thinking approach, continuous improvement, flexibility, collaboration and teamwork.
DSSG provides accessible and timely responses to requests for service, acts as the conduit to other Defence Logistics Command units and is the key point-of-contact between Base and Camp operational commanders and business owners.
Our goal is to achieve quality customer satisfaction through excellence in service and business solutions. Through our unique culture, passion, commitment to continual improvement and the expertise and professionalism of DSSG team members, we are strategically positioned to provide superior shared services to the NZDF.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 26 March 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.