Information Manager at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will the subject matter expert for all information management needs across the Air Staff headquarters with New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF).
This is a new and exciting role within the unit, so will be incorporating Information Management practices and frameworks from the very beginning, helping shape and influence the way the unit moves forward.
Duties for this role will include:
- Initiating and implementing strong Information Management practices with unit, aligned with organisational strategies and policies;
- Providing subject matter expert around Information Management for the wider unit;
- Managing and maintaining the unit's Defence Document Management System (DDMS) site and intranet sites, ensuring best practices are upheld;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders;
- Providing training to wider unit; and
- Encouraging a best practice approach and NZDF policy are followed through training of the unit as needed.
Please Note: The formal title for this role within NZDF is Staff Officer Information and Knowledge Management.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will need the ability to build strong relationships and trust amongst a wide range of stakeholders, including being able to influence and communicate to senior leadership at a strategic level.
As this is a new role, you will need the ability to build and implement new processes and practices, aligned with organizational policies, driving a culture of excellence across information management.
You will also need:
- Proven experience in information and record management and databases, or similar IT roles with an understanding of good information management procedures;
- Ability to read, understand and implement policy, procedures and legislation;
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint, preferably DDMS or other Electronic Document Management Systems, as well as a good technical ability with MS Office Suite;
- Ability to work autonomously, manage a small team and remaining flexible in ambiguous conditions;
- Ability to apply sound judgement, common sense and discretion to situations, while also being able to push back as required; and
- Great communication, both written and verbal.
An understanding of Military, NZDF and/or Air Force would be desirable, but not essential.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Office of Strategy Management (OSM) supports the Deputy Chief of Air Force's responsibilities for the strategic and non-operational elements of the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF). OSM provides an end-to-end range of functions by bringing together strategy, planning, coordination and evaluation of RNZAF activities. OSM is responsible for the integration and coordination of activities across functions and business units to align the medium and long term strategies with operations, both within the RNZAF and with the wider NZDF.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 2 April 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.