System Manager - Mission Planning at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As the Mission Planning System Manager you'll provide day to day management, policy and support for RNZAF Mission Planning Systems. This includes the data management and configuration control of Mission Planning Systems for RNZAF air platforms.
You'll be responsible for the following key areas:
- Management of the Pre-flight Performance system;
- Managerial oversight of Mission Planning system information and data;
- Management and maintenance of systems standalone databases and mission specific geospatial datasets;
- Project managing and leading the introduction of new mission planning systems software; and
- Liaising with key stakeholders to assess ongoing and future requirements.
This position is located at RNZAF Base Ohakea but will also provide support to platforms based at RNZAF Base Auckland.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Along with a strong background in IT roles, you'll also demonstrate:
- Computer savvy: confidence using a broad range of IT programmes/systems/software;
- Geospatial Data Management or Geospatial Information Systems experience;
- High proficiency in the maintenance and configuration of IT systems and hardware;
- Sound knowledge of computer programming and project management;
- Experience leading and motivating others;
- Effective communication and relationship management skills; and
- A tertiary qualification in Information Management would be welcomed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage modern, specialist military programmes and systems within a dynamic and unique environment.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Directorate of Evaluation and Airworthiness (Operating) (DEA(O)) is responsible for supporting the NZDF Operational Airworthiness Authority in the management of operating airworthiness of all NZDF aviation systems including testing, audit and compliance, and operational evaluation. This is achieved by ensuring:
- all NZDF aviation systems are operated and maintained by proficient personnel, in approved roles and environments, according to approved standards under a system of supervision and monitoring; and
- all NZDF aviation systems are effective and suitable in their approved roles and tasks.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 29 March 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.