Ground Support Equipment Manager at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Manage the day-to-day operational requirements of the Ground Support Equipment Maintenance Section overseeing the maintenance of mainly interfacing Ground Support Equipment, specialist, operational and emergency vehicles, as well as fuel facilities and equipment.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Managing workflow, resources and requirements for workshop tasks;
- Organising and prioritising maintenance tasks on all ground support equipment;
- Engaging regularly with key stakeholders;
- Ensuring technicians adhere to correct H&S standards, technical practices and procedures; and
- Providing technical supervision and oversight.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Along with significant experience in workshop management, you will have the following key skills:
- Experience in vehicle and equipment maintenance, working with mechanical systems and processes in a team workshop environment;
- Communication and Relationship Management skills;
- Management/leadership experience: performance monitoring, reporting and coaching;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders requirements within a complex environment;
- Experience with maintenance of critical operational equipment (aviation and fuel preferable);
- Experience working in hazardous environments and dangerous materials and managing those risks; and
- National Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Light or Heavy) or equivalent.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Logistics Command (DLC) is a consolidated organisation that provides logistics excellence to sustain NZDF maritime, land and air operations to enable the three Services to meet operational outputs now and into the future. The office of Logistics Command (Air) is accountable to the DLC for the effective and efficient delivery of logistics support specific to all NZDF aviation platforms, installed systems, components and support equipment. This includes the provision of air specific maintenance services,
The Maintenance Support Squadron at RNZAF Base Ohakea is part of Maintenance Wing under Logistics Command (Air), and is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of maintenance support to Force Elements and other units across the RNZAF.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 29 March 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.