Health Legislation Policy Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be providing policy guidance and standards for incoming changes to the provision of health services within the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) as part of the Defence Health Directorate. This role will be interpreting, translating and guiding on the impact to standard NZDF Health policies and documentation due to the anticipated changes of NZ Government legislation later this year on the definition and use of therapeutic products.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting and translating policy impacts from new and emerging health related legislation,
- Analysing, redefining and amending existing policies and policy associated documentation to adhere to new requirements;
- Reporting to Health Management and Health Leadership Boards on ongoing impact of changes;
- Briefing NZDF Health personnel across the organisation on changes to policies and procedures; and
- Contributing to related projects, in line with the Defence Health policy programme and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Please Note: This is a fixed term agreement until July 2025, offered on a part time basis of 16 hours per week.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will have a wealth of knowledge and experience within the health policy environment, with an ability to read, interpret and translate legislation, policy and procedures in order for non-technical experts to comprehend easily. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as it is crucial to deliver a high level of accuracy and quality assurance, along with being flexible to changing priorities and situations.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to engage across all levels of the organisation, as well as working within of a small team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to present clear and concise information to wide audiences;
- An understanding of health and NZDF terminology;
- Advanced technical document management skills; and
- A high degree of computer literacy is required, especially with Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Adobe Pro.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Health includes primary medical and dental care, physical performance and rehabilitation care, occupational health, mental health, social wellness and spiritual wellbeing. Defence Health also partners with other NZDF teams to support health and safety, and single Service health specialties (e.g. Maritime medical).
The Defence Health Directorate (DHD) provides health and wellbeing stewardship, strategic governance and professional/technical control over all Defence Health elements.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 2 April 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.