Portfolio Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be providing ongoing portfolio support for Defence Logistics Command (DLC) with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This role works across a wide range of projects within the portfolio, assisting the Portfolio Manager and wider team as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with monthly reporting and reconciliations for all ongoing projects for DLC;
- Providing financial support, including journals and accruals;
- Reviewing, extracting and collating data across multiple platforms for portfolio overviews;
- Creating visual presentation documents for reporting purposes, including excel graphs;
- Assisting the Project managers and wider team as needed; and
- Contributing to the creation and updating of process user guides to ensure compliance with NZDF requirements.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will have an understanding of portfolio or project management reporting within a complex organisation, as well a continuous improvement mindset and the initiative to problem solve as required. You will need to be able to self-manage and prioritise across multiple work streams effectively to ensure deadlines are met, while also remaining agile with changing priorities.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Strong technical ability, including experience with MS Office Suite and preferably reporting tools, such as Planview or similar;
- Exceptional attention to detail, an ability to demonstrate initiative and good judgement while working with minimal supervision;
- Experience with data reporting and reconciliations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders; and
- Some exposure to portfolio, programme and project management frameworks, such as Prince2, agile and waterfall methodologies.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Logistics Command (DLC) supports the NZDF by providing logistics (maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)), most supply chain and warehousing operations (SCWO), and shared services to the single Services and HQ Joint Forces NZ. DLC provides logistics policy and advice internally to the NZDF and externally to NZDF's stakeholders on an All of Government (AoG) basis. DLC is responsible for multi-national logistics policy and implementation through a series of bi-lateral and multilateral agreements and forums.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 2 April 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.