Business Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be responsible for leading the analysis, development and delivery of effective business, technology and user solutions for Defence Logistics Command with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This role collaborates across Supply Chain, Equipment Management, Logistics, and other policy and system owners, as well as partner with Defence Digital on technology solutions and support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Applying a range of practical and effective business analysis tools and techniques to enhance decision making;
- Delivering and monitoring business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives;
- Facilitating and providing specialist advice to stakeholder groups via targeted workshops;
- Championing user-centred design and the involvement of users in the development of requirements; and
- Coaching and supporting junior project team members.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be an experienced Business Analyst with the ability to work as the conduit and translate information between the technical specialist and business users. This role requires open communication and engagement approach to ensure effective and fit-for-purpose solutions.
You will also have:
- Experience working within a logistics, infrastructure or digital business analysis and in solution delivery;
- Adaptability to work flexibly across multiple projects and changing priorities;
- Positive and productive collaboration and teamwork skills; and
- Sound work planning and prioritisation skills including delivering to deadlines.
Please Note: This role is based in Trentham and you must be able to travel for project requirements.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Delivery Support Group (DSG) is a stable, base level capability that provides expertise across Defence Logistics Command (DLC) to support the rapid implementation of initiatives to sustain, improve, integrate and enhance Defence Logistics operations. The group is an enabler for the DLC Portfolio to make more informed and timely decisions to expedite the initiative life cycle.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 2 April 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.